Post Captain Security Supervisor
MUST BE D LICENSED BY DEPARTMENT OF AGRICUTLURE AND CONSUMER SERVICES AS A SECURITY OFFICER.
Full Time and Benefits
Gate House Community in Pembroke Pines seeking Post Captain to supervise security officers and the security operations for three different gate houses.
This position is under the direct supervision of the District Manager/Operations Manager, and is responsible for supervision of on-site staff and the overall protection and safeguarding of property, persons and other assets.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Examples of duties include, but not limited to, monitoring security patrols, training and enforcing security procedures, supervising and monitoring activity on property to deter and prevent theft, sabotage, fire and accidents, responding to calls for assistance, writing reports on accidents, various incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations, providing needed assistance to customers, residents, employees and visitors in accordance to company or department procedures, serving as training officer to new security staff, and performing other related duties, as may be assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Security or Law Enforcement training and/or experience, be at least 18 years of age, must be a citizen or a legal resident alien, and provide current residence address. Must have an active security officer license.
- Must have a good working knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, company and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s), to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write necessary incident reports, make various log entries, investigate incidents, make independent good judgment decisions within proper policy or procedure.
- Minimum 1-2 years of supervisory experience and working knowledge of Post Orders, security operations standards and procedures and good understanding of schedules and schedule matrix, shift and payroll operations, 24/7 operations, as well as good people skills, communications skills, diplomacy and tact.
Work is performed inside and outside a property or installation, with exposure to inclement weather conditions and unpredictable crisis situations. Shift work is required. . Some work may require physical activities such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Train, coach, mentor and ensure implementation and adherence to current Standard Operating procedures and Post Orders, per company policy and best practices, including but not limited to:
- Monitor and resolve all log entries timely and efficiently, report to Corporate as needed, act as liaison between Security Officers and Client, Property manager and Corporate Office Departments.
- Monitor, address, resolve and supervise payroll reporting, payroll discrepancies, timekeeping, post coverage, attrition, scheduling, requests for time off, and communicate with all appropriate departments by following proper channels and submitting forms for approval and processing.
- Conduct new hire orientation, follow new hire training program and checklist, train and re-train staff, assess, evaluate and record counseling, coaching, mentoring and performance evaluations accordingly.
- Communicate and facilitate open lines of communication with District Manager, Operations manager, Human Resources, Property Manager, Client Representatives and Corporate Office Departments; promote good client relations internally, externally and in daily interactions with outside vendors, contractors, service providers and representatives.
- Act as role model, lead by personal example, encourage team work and cooperation, remain calm, cool and collected under any circumstance, handle conflict and resolve issues with tact and diplomacy, use caution and discretion when faced with s crisis situation, avoid physical confrontation at all times, seek assistance from management and/or law-enforcement personnel, use your best judgment and ensure the staff is trained, re-trained and follows post orders and SOP’s at all times.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME AND REFERENCES to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL WORK REQUIREMENTS:
May require travel, work in risk / hazardous conditions which apply to the work site. Capability of using required tools and equipment. Ability to speak English. Have capacity to cope with mental and emotional stress. Must be free of communicable diseases and pass required screenings.
WORK RELATIONS AND TEAMWORK:
Understand the relationship of the job to the work site mission and to other jobs within the work site. Communicate with co-workers, supervisors and staff from other departments to solve problems, improve quality, processes and services. Identify and acts on opportunities to help and support work efforts of co-workers and staff from other departments. Work in a manner that promotes / creates a positive work environment. Help co-workers understand and implement changes within the work site.
RESPONSIBILITY/ACCOUNTABILITY AND MISSION SUPPORT:
Identify and develop ways to improve work processes, efficiencies and quality. Improve job skills, knowledge, performance and education. Attend in-services training and educational programs as may be directed. Solve problems or issues, works with change, willingness to work extra shifts and/or overtime as needed.
RESIDENT, GUESTS, AND INTERNAL CUSTOMER FOCUS:
Respond with sensitivity to emotional, spiritual and practical needs of residents, families, guests, co-workers and staff members. Protect residents, families and co-workers’ rights, dignity and confidentiality with a respectful attitude. Customer problems and concerns are reported and/or corrected. Universal precautions and Infection Control techniques are followed. Understand own role in facility safety plans and procedures related to fire, weather and other disasters are demonstrated.
Take initiative to identify and resolve problems. Act as a coach and mentor. Publicly supports team decisions even when they might conflict with personal opinions. Demonstrate initiative and leadership in new policies and procedures. Willingly accepts challenge.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.